SDG Student Ambassadors gain a strong understanding of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), deepen their knowledge of environmental and social responsibility, design and create the structure of the SDG Student Ambassador Program, and enhance their professional development skills.
- Educates students on the SDGs and their significance in the global community.
- Develops programming and events to promote the SDGs within the university community and beyond.
- Enhances SDG knowledge in the community through presentations in classes, student housing and Registered Student Organizations (RSO) meetings.
- Develops strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Provides experience in project management/development and event planning.
This year SDG Ambassadors will be hosting events regarding sustainability. For more information click the button below.
For more information, contact Maria Melendrez at email@example.com.
This program is open to all LMU undergraduate students. Ideally, SDG Student Ambassadors will reflect the diversity of majors and demographics across schools/colleges. Ambassadors must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher and have an interest in engaging with the SDGs.
This is a professional development opportunity for the 2023-4 academic year that will consist of working 5 hours per week with compensation at $16.78 per hour, with 3 additional $400 stipends per semester that will be provided upon completion of projects/deliverables.
Ambassadors must be able to work 5 hours every week and commit to 8 hours of SDG training.
With faculty partners, ambassadors will:
- Successfully launch a Net Impact Student Chapter in the Fall semester.
- Design additional initiatives for the Spring semester to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) throughout the LMU community.