Climate change and its impact raises critical issues for the real estate sector in Los Angeles – requiring innovation and collaboration among the private and public sectors to strengthen this vital industry building a resilient Los Angeles.
LMU’s Institute for Business Ethics and Sustainability and Center for Urban Resilience brought industry and governmental leaders together for an engaging dialogue about real estate and its needs and opportunities in the New LA.
2 p.m. - Check in and Networking
3 p.m. - Welcome and Introductions
- Dayle M. Smith, Ph.D., Dean, LMU College of Business Administration
- Jeff Thies, D.Min., Director, LMU Institute for Business Ethics and Sustainability
3:10 p.m. - Tri-Sector Innovation and the Power of Collaboration
Presenter: Jens Molbak, Founder, WinWin
3:50 p.m. - Urban Resilience and Los Angeles
Presenter: Eric Strauss, Ph.D., LMU President's Professor of Biology and Executive Director, Center for Urban Resilience
4:15 p.m. - Public Sector Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Gary Gero, Chief Sustainability Officer, County of Los Angeles
- Dominique Hargreaves '04, Deputy Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Los Angeles
5 p.m. - Break
5:20 p.m. - Climate Action & Adaptation Planning in the City of Long Beach
- Alison Spindler-Ruiz, Planner & Budget Specialist, City of Long Beach
- Claire Bonham-Carter, Director of Sustainable Development, AECOM
6 p.m. - Drivers of Energy Efficiency and Sustainability in Commercial Real Estate
- Mark Macedo '86, MBA '94, Principal, Geneva Street Partners
- Tony Liou, President, Partner Energy
6:30 p.m. - Innovation and Entrepreneurial Creativity
Presenter: David Choi, Ph.D., LMU Professor of Entrepreneurship and Director, Fred Kiesner Center for Entrepreneurship
7 p.m. - Reception
|Eric Strauss, Ph.D.
LMU President's Professor of Biology and Executive Director, Center for Urban Resilience
Chief Sustainability Officer, County of Los Angeles
|Dominique Hargreaves '04
Deputy Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Los Angeles
|Mark Macedo '86, MBA '94
Principal, Geneva Street Partners LLC
President, Partner Energy
|David Choi, Ph.D.
LMU Professor of Entrepreneurship and Director, Fred Kiesner Center for Entrepreneurship
|Dayle M. Smith, Ph.D.
Dean, LMU College of Business Administration
Director, LMU Institute for Business Ethics and Sustainability
Thank you to our generous sponsors for supporting the symposium: