The Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) is an initiative of the United Nations intended to raise the global profile of sustainable development in university education. PRME equips students of today to be leaders and change agents for tomorrow.
PRME works through six principles to equip future leaders with the skills needed to balance economic and sustainability goals:
- Purpose - Develop the capabilities of students to be future generators of sustainable value for business and society at large and to work for an inclusive and sustainable global economy.
- Values - Incorporate into academic activities, curricula, and organizational practices the values of global social responsibility as portrayed in the United Nations Global Compact. https://www.unglobalcompact.org/
- Method - Create educational frameworks, materials, processes and environments that enable effective learning experiences for responsible leadership.
- Research - Engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances understanding about the role, dynamics, and impact of corporations in the creation of sustainable social, environmental and economic value.
- Partnership - Interact with managers of business corporations to extend knowledge of their challenges in meeting social and environmental responsibilities and to explore jointly effective approaches to meeting these challenges.
- Dialogue - Facilitate and support dialog and debate among educators, students, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organizations and other interested groups and stakeholders on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
The College of Business Administration’s commitment to PRME can be seen in our
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or click on the PRME logo above to visit their website.