Learning Goals & Outcomes
Undergraduate students who complete a bachelor's degree from the College of Business Administration emerge with the following knowledge and skills:
Learning Goal 1:
Students will demonstrate the ability to be ethical leaders, who reflect the tenets of corporate social responsibility as it applies to economic, social and environmental performance in the global community.
- Students will be able to explain the interaction and importance of social, economic and environmental forces within and upon business and society.
- Students will be able to identify and resolve ethical dilemmas in business situations.
- Students will be able to identify and analyze opportunities and challenges faced by organizations in a global marketplace.
Learning Goal 2:
Students will use creative and critical thinking skills to adapt to change and solve problems in transdisciplinary ways.
- Students will be able to identify problems and apply creative problem-solving skills to address them.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills by defining, modeling, analyzing and evaluating complex business problems.
- Students will be able to integrate core concepts from different disciplines and apply them to a business situation.
Learning Goal 3:
Students will acquire and develop technical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Students will communicate effectively on business topics in written and oral form.
- Students will demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in teamwork settings.
- Students will describe principles of leadership skills, effective teams and self-discipline.
- Students will be able to apply information technology to solve business problems.
- Students will be able to frame a business problem and collect, organize and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to report and communicate insights for decision-making.
Learning Goal 4:
Students will demonstrate knowledge of fundamental business concepts.
- Students will be able to create, read and use financial reports for decision-making.
- Students will describe corporate structures and legal responsibilities for different business frameworks.
- Students will be able to analyze and evaluate companies within their industries based on their unique value proposition/competitive advantages.
- Students will be able to analyze business processes to better serve stakeholders.