We advance knowledge and develop business leaders with moral courage and creative confidence to be a force for good in the global community.
We see business as central to creating a world that advances economic, social, and environmental flourishing. We aspire to be a community of teacher-scholars, students, staff, and stakeholders in the Jesuit and Marymount traditions, devoted to innovation and impact. We aspire to be an educational institution of choice for students of all levels and prepare the next generation of principled leaders and global citizens.
Our values define us and enhance an understanding of our mission and vision and the integration of human flourishing in the development of our personal and professional growth. The following five values reflect our core identity and serve as a guide and touchstone for our programs and relationships.
- Business as a Force for Good: We dedicate ourselves to developing ethical leaders who visibly demonstrate moral courage in their personal and professional endeavors. Ethical citizenship encompasses principled behavior and the tenets of corporate social responsibility, including attention to economic, social and environmental performance. We are committed to business as a force for good, where business has a voice at the table and a key role in collaborating on sustainable development goals for the betterment of the global community.
- Interconnected Global Community: We embrace multiple disciplines and community connectedness to inform problems and address challenges in a global context. We value experiential opportunities, collaboration and partnerships. As a signatory to the United Nation’s PRME initiative, we are committed to understanding the role of business as a partner in the global community through the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- A Community of Lifelong Learners: We perceive ourselves - students, faculty, staff, administrators and stakeholders - as a community of interdependent teachers and learners in the Jesuit and Marymount tradition. As co-creators of knowledge, we envision business as a force for good, best addressed with empathy and an entrepreneurial mindset, skill set and experiences. As a global community, we will develop a playground for the mind and a place to inspire the imagination that will promote human flourishing and innovative solutions to business and societal challenges. We are also committed to our alumni as lifetime learners and lifetime members of the CBA community.
- Educating the Whole Person and Moral Courage: Consistent with the education of the whole person, we view each individual as important and worthy of our time and resources. As an institution of higher education, we strive to advance the intellectual growth of our students and related community members. As an institution rooted in the Jesuit and Marymount traditions, we aspire to develop all dimensions of the person – emotional, spiritual, physical and social – through our educational framework as a way to promote human flourishing at the personal and professional levels.
- Agility, Creative Confidence and Entrepreneurial Spirit: We are committed to educating our students to use their imagination and intellectual curiosity in how they understand business challenges, solve problems in transdisciplinary ways, and adapt to change in a constantly changing world. Using knowledge, skills, abilities and meaningful experiences, our students will develop and enhance their technical skills, critical thinking, and communication and interpersonal skills to positively transform organizations and societies.