Bold. Creative. Socially Conscious.
The LMU M.S. in Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Innovation curriculum provides students the essential skills and experiences needed to differentiate yourself in today's competitive economy. You will develop your entrepreneurial and innovative mindset while being introduced to the sustainability framework, emerging technologies and basic scientific concepts. Valuable experience is gained by completing a capstone project in your chosen area of focus.
Our program can be completed in 12 months on a full-time basis or 24 months on a part-time basis for a total of 36 units.
Graduates of the LMU M.S. in Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Innovation will:
- Understand the various environmental and societal issues and challenges that the world is/will be facing as well as the new opportunities those challenges bring.
- Develop essential technical competencies including important analytical methods (lifecycle analysis) as well an appreciation for opportunities and challenges in commercializing clean technologies.
- Apply a design and innovation tool-set to analyze and create new disruptive products, services and processes.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset as well as core entrepreneurial management competencies, e.g., strategic and financial planning as well as sales and marketing capabilities in the development of a new project or business.
- Analyze and apply concepts and issues of entrepreneurial leadership, law and ethics.
- Enhance professional acumen through executive mentoring, internships, new venture launch and related co-curricular activities.
Transformative and Purposeful
All M.S. in Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Innovation students complete the following courses:
- Creativity, Innovation, and Design
- Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Accounting
- Entrepreneurial Leadership, Organization and Executive Mentoring
- Growth Marketing, Analytics, and Sales
- Entrepreneurial Law
- Environmental Problems, Issues & Impacts
- Environmental Law & Policy
- Developments in Clean Technology Applications
- Sustainable Product and Process Development
All students participate in a 2-semester capstone project in a small team or individually, choosing to focus on either developing a new venture or corporate innovation.
Option 1: New Venture Launch
Students will develop a business idea with the mentorship of faculty, staff and industry professionals, culminating in a final presentation at the LMU Business Incubator Showcase.
- New Venture Launch I
- New Venture Launch II
Option 2: Corporate Project
Students will work closely with an industry partner to make a measurable impact on a strategic initiative within the organization, giving a final presentation of their recommendations to the firm's executives.
- Corporate Project I
- Corporate Project II
Although there are not any electives offered within the M.S. in Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Innovation curriculum, students may enroll in MBA Program elective courses or M.S. in Business Analytics courses on a space-available basis as additional units provided the student meets any course prerequisite requirements.