Technical. Integrative. Experiential.
The LMU M.S. in Business Analytics curriculum provides students with the knowledge, tools and skills needed to analyze data and make effective business decisions. You will gain experience in all areas related to business analytics and big data analysis including data management, visualization, data-mining, machine learning and integration strategies for analyzing large, structured and unstructured datasets. In your final months of our program, you will refine and practice your project management and communication skills through our capstone project.
Our program can be completed in 12 months on a full-time basis or 24 months on a part-time basis for a total of 30–36 units depending on previous business coursework.
Dr. Hillary Haley
SVP, Executive Director of Behavioral Science
Graduates of the LMU M.S. in Business Analytics will:
- Possess the business foundation necessary to apply business analytic concepts in organizational settings.
- Be able to create and manage analytics ready data.
- Demonstrate statistical and programming skills required to analyze data.
- Be able to select and apply appropriate data modeling tools to provide insight for the analysis of business situations.
- Be able to clearly explain information and insight gained from analytic models in a business context.
Rigorous and Integral
All M.S. in Business Analytics students complete the following core courses:
- BSAN 6010 - Fundamentals of Business - Accounting, Finance & Operations*
- BSAN 6020 - Marketing for Managers*
- BSAN 6030 - Programming for Data Management
- BSAN 6040 - Data, Models and Decisions for Analytics
- BSAN 6050 - Customer Relationship Management Analytics
- BSAN 6060 - Data Management for Business Intelligence
- BSAN 6070 - Introduction to Machine Learning
- BSAN 6080 - Strategic Analytics Integration
* With program director approval, students may waive BSAN 6010 and/or BSAN 6020 based on previous business coursework.
Students will select 2 electives based on their desired area of focus.
- BSAN 6100 - Data Visualization and Geographic Information Systems
- BSAN 6200 - Text-Mining and Social Media Analytics
- BSAN 6300 - Marketing Analytics
- BSAN 6400 - Healthcare Analytics
All students participate in a summer capstone project built around student teams with faculty advisors. Teams will develop business analytics solutions for challenges presented by real-world business clients.
- BSAN 6088 - Statistics Bootcamp and Capstone Project Preparation
- BSAN 6089 - Capstone Project Preparation II: Research Design, Project Management, and People Dynamics
- BSAN 6090 - Capstone Project I
- BSAN 6095 - Capstone Project II
For detailed course descriptions, see the University Bulletin.
MSBA students used their newfound knowledge of machine learning and analytics to solve timely issues related to COVID-19.