Do you have an idea you'd like to pursue or a problem you'd like to solve but don't know where to start or who to start with?
Techstars Startup Weekend is the place to look for a team, create a prototype of your idea, validate your business idea, and receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs, all in one weekend.
Each fall, LMU hosts a Startup Weekend to provide an exciting opportunity for students to sharpen their skills in formulating and launching a business concept.
Startup Weekend is about experiential education. Participants don’t just listen to theory. They get their hands dirty and put theories to the test by collaborating with like-minded, passionate individuals from a variety of backgrounds and points of view. Participants receive invaluable one-on-one time with movers and shakers from the community - local tech and startup leaders who take part in Startup Weekend as mentors and judges.
- Anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers.
- Teams form organically around the ideas and those that have the most popular votes or team members carry on past Friday night. Each team must have at least three people.
- What follows is a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing and market validation.
- The event culminates with Demo Day - a dinner and presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders which presents another opportunity for critical feedback.
- Whether entrepreneurs launch a company, find a cofounder, meet someone new, or simply learn a new skill, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups.