Additional Faculty Resources
- Internationalization in Action from the American Council on Education to connecting classrooms using online technology to deliver global learning from the Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) program. Discusses the rationale, practical considerations, benefits, and challenges of initiating a new COIL program, and several other approaches to virtual exchange in higher education.
- Faculty Guide for COIL Course Development from the Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) program. This guide is designed to help you gather the tools and information needed to begin course development.
- Virtual Exchange Toolkit from the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. This toolkit shares an introduction to virtual exchange, provides tools and a framework for how to begin a program at a school or institution, and offers tips for common challenges.
- Virtual Exchange Typology and Glossary of Terms from the Stevens Institute. Establishes common terms and a shared understanding of key concepts will help virtual exchange practitioners and scholars understand what types of exchanges exist, how they are created, and what is required for implementation.
- An Educator’s Guide to Intercultural Learning: Ten Ways to Inspire Learning across Difference from True North Intercultural. This guide is meant to help you get started and know where to focus your efforts to more proactively foster intercultural learning.