The Entrepreneurship major at LMU provides students with the fundamental theories, critical thinking skills and real-world awareness necessary to develop their entrepreneurial capacities. The focus of the major is to equip students with an entrepreneurial mindset, managerial and leadership skills, and practical experiences to support their launch into careers as startup entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurs and corporate entrepreneurs.
Beginning freshman year, LMU’s state-of-the-art curriculum enables students to hone their entrepreneurial talents. Entrepreneurship majors are also introduced to new developments in science and technology to expand their perspectives and open doors to new opportunities. Students can choose from a large number of innovative elective courses including "New Venture Creation," "Managing New Ventures," "Business Incubation," "Social Entrepreneurship," "Corporate Entrepreneurship," "Entrepreneurial Acquisition" and "Real Estate Development," to name a few.
Our co-curricular programs provide opportunities to connect with successful entrepreneurs, visit innovative companies, participate in pitch competitions, and develop hands-on experience in building a business.
You might be a great fit for the Entrepreneurship major at LMU if you:
- Dream about making a positive impact on the world
- Believe that businesses can do well and do good
- Have a “fire in the belly”
- Have a passion for new ideas
- Believe in your own endless capability
- Look forward to hard work
Upon completion of the Entrepreneurship major, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrate proficiency in the entrepreneurial process (e.g., recognizing and evaluating opportunities and conducting feasibility analysis, etc.)
- Analyze technological trends and opportunities
- Build financial models and evaluate the financing strategies for a growing venture
- Plan marketing strategies and tactics for a new venture
- Understand the social, environmental and economic responsibility of an entrepreneurial venture