The Business Incubator enhances the educational experience by giving students the workspace and guidance to prepare our students for the real world. Student teams admitted to the Incubator receive advice from subject matter experts, alumni, and seasoned entrepreneurs and investors. The Incubator is located in the Hilton basement and aims to build a success-oriented culture inside the CBA and across the entire university.
The Business Incubator strives to:
- Empower students to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams
- Build businesses that have potential for impact in the real world
- Allow students to learn from doing - from both successes and failures
- Space: A physical space to brainstorm ideas and develop new products
- Support: Small funds to help the venture get started
- Guidance: Guidance and advice from entrepreneurs, subject-matter experts, alumni and faculty members
- Community: Opportunity for students to partner with other motivated and talented students across the country
- Network: Connections to seasoned entrepreneurs, investors and professionals from the greater business community
- Albert Cheng: EVP, Digital Media, Disney
- Craig Conway: Former CEO, PeopleSoft and Director, Salesforce.com
- Philipp Czernin: President, Momentum Biosciences
- Saachi Cywinski: Co-Founder, WhiteyBoard
- Tim Dean: President, Houdini Enterprises
- John Diep: Founder, Schmoozd & Mentor Night
- Julia Dilts: President, Wild Horse Labs
- Michael Faught: Founder, Los Angeles Business & Finance Academy
- Ed Fu: Associate, Rustic Canyon
- Jerry Katz: President, Katz Accountancy and Grandview Palms
- Tony Karrer: CTO, TechEmpower and Former CTO, eHarmony
- Ted Krause: Principal, 8 River Capital and Founder, Buystand
- Joon Lee: Vice President, SK Telecom Americas
- Christian Perry Limon: Director of Business Development, Tapjoy
- Greg Lontok: CTO, GlobalWide Media
- Howard Marks: Chair, Startup Engine and Founder, Activision
- Mike Miller: Maverick Angels
- Ryan Nurnberger: President, Olivera Trading and CEO, Royal Frozen Foods
- Doug Pak: President, Frandeli
- Vidya Priyadarshini: President, Building Blocks
- Edward Renwick: President, Raineth
- Rami Rostami: President, Technocel
- Stephanie Shapiro: Prize Designer, X PRIZE Foundation
- Mike Schoettle: Member, TechCoast Angels
- John Tomich: CEO, Onestop Internet
If you're an LMU student or a recent alumnus and have a great business idea or the skills to help a promising venture grow, then join the community of entrepreneurs on campus!
Your idea will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Qualification - At least one founder must be an LMU student or graduate.
- Impact - The potential to make a significant business/financial/social impact.
- Feasibility - Feasible (technologically, financially, operationally)
- Social Responsibility - Can impact the world in a positive way.
If you don't have a business idea but are still interested in joining one of the teams, fill out the application and make sure to mention your strengths, such as online marketing, design, programming, etc.
- Invest in student learning
- Invest in student businesses
To learn how your support can help the CBA Business Incubator, please contact:
Senior Director of Development
College of Business Administration
Loyola Marymount University
For more information on the Business Incubator or to learn how you can get involved, please contact:
Jason D'Mello, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship