Do you enjoy technology like smartphones, mobile apps, tablets, and social media platforms? If so, then you have what it takes to major in Information Systems and Business Analytics (ISBA). All you need is an interest in technology and/or business analytics and a desire to use data to improve business operations.
Given rapid technological advancements, a career in ISBA promises to be exciting for those who enjoy meeting new intellectual challenges in the workplace, solving problems and participating in business decision-making at the strategic, tactical and operational levels. Demand for ISBA graduates is often intense and salaries are attractive.
LMU's College of Business Administration offers two ISBA majors from which students can choose:
- B.B.A. in ISBA requires five courses (20 units) from the Department of ISBA
- B.S. in ISBA requires the same five courses (20 units) in addition to four courses from the Department of Computer Science, one of which is a mandatory programming course
Upon completion of the program, ISBA graduates will be able to:
- Utilize competencies gained from hands-on experience in core information technologies that include programming languages, database management systems, web development tools, spreadsheets, and other data analysis and visualization tools.
- Identify, structure, and solve business problems by proposing an IS, IT and/or data analytics solution
- Plan, manage, develop, and describe how to implement IT and/or data analytics-based IS solutions in business and organizational settings
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills when analyzing business problems
- Effectively communicate complex technological and/or analytical concepts through oral, visual, and written communication
* The learning outcomes for the B.S. in ISBA include a programming component.