The Career and Professional Development (CPD) Office at LMU offers a wealth of valuable information and learning opportunities to help guide your professional life as you pursue your careers. Their team provides a full range of highly-personalized services to LMU students including:
- Career Advisement: These one-on-one meetings provide you with a forum to discuss any career-related topic. Not sure if marketing, finance or consulting is the right avenue for you? Aren't sure how best to position yourself for that dream job you found online? Need some coaching on how best to connect with a particular employer? They are here to help with these topics and more.
- Employer Relations: As an LMU student, you can leverage a full suite of services connecting you to companies and their recruiters. CPD strives to enhance each student's job search via networking and recruiting events, through Handshake job opportunities specifically targeted to certain degrees, and by offering on-/off-campus interviewing.
- Alumni Networking Events: You will meet successful LMU graduates at companies ranging from startups to Fortune 500 organizations. These special events help current students advance their careers by building their network.
- Professional Development Workshops: You will receive invitations to special workshops and one-on-one sessions to improve the tactical skills you need when looking for a new job. These skill-building sessions are designed to make sure you know what employers are looking for when they recruit. Topics include resume and cover letter writing, interview training, LinkedIn profile design, networking skills, and more.
- Personal Assessments: CPD provides tools to help you sharpen your career direction via CareerLeader, Strengths Finder, MBTI, and other proven methods.
CPD is available to all Graduate Business Programs students and some services continue after graduation. Visit the LMU Career and Professional Development Office for more information.
Jesuit Career Center Consortium
Through the Association of Jesuit Colleges & Universities, career centers across the United States partnered to provide students and recent alumni of member schools with access to job and internship listings, career fairs, job search seminars and career workshops. LMU students who are looking for employment in other parts of the United States may be interested in these opportunities.
Visit the LMU Career and Professional Development Office for more information.