Trainings and Recordings
February 19 - Information Session (recording). Meeting with Professors D'Mello and Thies outlining the structure and expectations for participating in the Promotion of Justice Challenge
Tuesday, March 8 - Hilton Distinguished Entrepreneur Lecture: Paul Polizzotto (recording), "My Journey as a Serial Social Entrepreneur.'' Learn more about what to look for in a business successfully doing good through its mission and practices while making a profit.
Friday, March 19, 12 p.m. – Megan Buchter, Aim2Flourish (recording). Learn more about how to craft your analysis and written narrative using the Appreciative Inquiry methodology. Interview skills will also be addressed
Tuesday, March 30, 3 p.m. – Please be ready to submit your Promotion of Justice Checklist. Please contact us to schedule a different time if you can't make it. (Download PoJ Checklist)
Friday, April 16, 3 p.m. – Jeff Honea, Givewith (recording). Social Impact Storytelling Masterclass.
All written narratives must be submitted and published on the AIM2Flourish website to be eligible for round 2 of the competition. All submissions will also be eligible for the 2021 Flourish Prizes awarded by AIM2Flourish.
- Learn about Appreciative Inquiry from its global home at The Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit.
- Find resources on choosing a company, conducting the interview, and writing the narrative
- Check out the AIM2Flourish assignment guide to learn about the submission and publication process (please note that the guide references optional videos which we are NOT considering for round one)
*Please note that when you sign up for your AIM2Flourish account, you should list Professor Jeff Thies (Jeffrey.Thies@lmu.edu) as your advisor.
Consultations with Professors D'Mello and Thies
Professor Thies office hours: MW 3:30 – 4:00 pm; TR 9:00 – 9:40 am; TR 1:45 – 2:15 pm, and by appointment. Email Professor Thies for the link: Jeffrey.Thies@lmu.edu.
Professor D'Mello: Make an appointment
Your team will choose a company, preferably in the Los Angeles area, that has created a positive social justice impact through its business practices in at least one of the three following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) areas:
- SDG 5: Gender Equality
- SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities
- SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities (see its focus on health and education disparities)
Be sure to look over the targets and indicators for the SDGs as well.