1. Who can participate?
All LMU students. You can either form a team with your friends or attend one of the information sessions to meet other people who are interested in forming a team. Your team can be interdisciplinary and have members from multiple schools in LMU.
2. What companies can we interview?
Your team will choose a company, preferably in the Los Angeles area, that has created a positive social justice impact through its business practices in at least one of the three following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) areas:
- SDG 5: Gender Equality
- SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities
- SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities (see its focus on health and education disparities)
Not sure which company you'd like to interview? Come to the information session and get ideas!
3. What should be in the narrative about social justice impact?
Using the methodology of Appreciative Inquiry, your team will identify and present on:
- The business practice that creates a positive impact related to one of the SDGs above
- The impact of the practice on justice and equality
- The contribution of the practice to that business’ success
- The ability to replicate or scale the practice for greater impact
4. What's Appreciative Inquiry?
Appreciative Inquiry is a research methodology used by The Aim2Flourish program at the Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit at Case Western University. You'll learn more about Appreciative Inquiry at the information session, but you can read more at Appreciative Inquiry - AIM2Flourish to get an overview.
5. What kind of support will we receive?
You'll receive training on Appreciative Inquiry and live webinars with social media creatives, subject matter experts, and leaders in impact storytelling.
6. When is the information session?
Friday, February 19 at 4 p.m. Click here to attend.
7. What if I can't make the information session?
Did you miss the information session? Click here to view it!