Entrepreneurship: Innovating for Resilient Communities
- Live, study and play together in an entrepreneurial setting dedicated to innovating sustainable and resilient communities.
- Move into the new dorms with like-minded residents.
- Project-based learning with various community partners, business leaders and industry experts.
- Topics to be explored: green infrastructure, water security, food security, biodiversity, human mobility, healthcare, climate uncertainty, population change, social inequity, resource acquisition/allocation and economic stability.
- You will be immersed with faculty in two ecosystems:
- LMU College of Business Administration & the Fred Kiesner Center for Entrepreneurship: We work feverishly to help our students become successful entrepreneurs and to fulfill our CBA mission: to advance knowledge and develop business leaders with moral courage and creative confidence to be a force for good in the global community. The most important thing we do is instill the entrepreneurial spirit in our students so that they believe in their own power and capabilities to solve problems. Instructors: Dayle Smith, Alex Glosenberg, David Choi and Darlene Fukuji
- LMU Center for Urban Resilience (CURes): CURes provides a suite of research, education and restorative justice services to empower communities to build resilient, vibrant, and just cities, through meaningful interactions with their diverse ecosystems and each other. Instructors: Eric Strauss, Michele Romolini and Melinda Weaver
- A sophomore, junior or senior willing to live together on campus with a passion for innovation and a commitment to develop and foster resilient communities. Open to all majors!
- Enroll in two courses:
- Fall: ENTR 3310: Intro to Entrepreneurship (special section with CURes)
- Spring: ENTR 3330: Social Entrepreneurship
- Attend the retreat/orientation the weekend before school starts
- Attend monthly site visits
- Attend bi-weekly dinners
- Participate in Global Entrepreneurship Week
- Attend conferences and competitions locally and nationally (TBD)
Submit the below form by Feb 12th. Interview with Darlene Fukuji on Feb 13th. Notified on Feb 15th.
For questions, please contact Darlene Fukuji at email@example.com.
Fill out my online form.