Fall 2018 Conference Agenda
13th Annual California Corporate Finance Conference
Saturday, October 6, 2018
Continental breakfast: 9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. (Location: Hilton 103)
Session 1: 9:45 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. (Location: Hilton 103)
- Opening remarks by Dayle M. Smith, Dean, LMU College of Business Administration
- Compensation Peer Choice and Managerial Capital
- Presenter: Fangfang Du, California State University Fullerton
- Discussant: Zhi Li, Chapman University
- On the Importance of CFOs: Liquidity Management, Connections to Bankers, and the Market Value of Cash
- Presenter: Yaoyi Xi, San Diego State University
- Discussant: Fangfang Du, California State University Fullerton
Break: 11:20 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Session 2: 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. (Location: Hilton 103)
- The Ties that Bind: Work Connections and Mutual Fund Investment Ideas
- Presenter: Hai Tran, Loyola Marymount University
- Discussant: Jinfei Sheng, University of California Irvine
Lunch: 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Location: Hilton 302)
- With remarks by our Distinguished Guest, Lauren Cohen, Harvard Business School "Career Advice for Assistant Professors"
Break: 2:00 p.m. - 2:10 p.m.
Session 3: 2:10 p.m. – 3:40 p.m. (Location: Hilton 103)
- Does Finance Make Us Less Social?
- Presenter: Mitch Warachka, University of San Diego
- Discussant: Tom Chang, University of Southern California
- Neighbor's Corruption and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Presenter: Arsenio Staer, California State University Fullerton
- Discussant: Xin Che, California State University Fullerton
Break: 3:40 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.
Session 4: 3:50 p.m. – 4:35 p.m. (Location: Hilton 103)
- Size, Age, and the Performance Life Cycle of Hedge Funds
- Presenter: Tim Haight, Loyola Marymount University
- Discussant: Hai Tran, Loyola Marymount University
- Closing remarks
Dinner: Thai Talay (8411 Lincoln Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90045) following the conference - carpool available