Yongsun Paik, Ph.D.
Office: Hilton 215
Areas of Expertise
- International Human Resource Management
- Global Strategic Alliances
- East Asian Business Studies
Yongsun Paik is a Management and International Business Professor with an interest in international human resources management, cross-cultural management, expatriate management, international joint ventures, East Asian business management, and Latin American business studies. Prior to joining the faculty in 1991, Paik taught at the University of Washington. He has also served as a guest lecturer at Yonsei University and at Thunderbird’s American Graduate School of International Management. Paik is an Editorial Board Member for the Journal of World Business and the Thunderbird International Business Review , former President of the Association of Korean Management Scholars, and a member of the Academy of Management and the Academy of International Business. He is a highly decorated academic where some of his honors include the Fulbright Senior Specialist Program Award, Best Paper Award Nomination from the Western Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Best Paper Award from the Managerial + Organizational Cognition Division of the Academy of Management, Best Paper Award from the International Management Development Association, and the Most Outstanding Faculty Person Award from Delta Sigma Pi.
- PhD: University of Washington, Seattle (1991)
- MA: University of Texas at Austin (1986)
- BA: Yonsei University, Korea (1978)
- Vance, C. & Paik, Y (2010). “Managing a global workforce: Challenges and Opportunities in International Human Resource Management,” (2nd ed.) New York: M. E. Sharpe Publications, September 2010.
- Chen, D., Paik, Y. & Park, S (2010), “Control in IJVs: Evidence from China,” Journal of International Business Studies, 41(3): 526-537.
- Parboteeah, K. P., Paik, Y. & Cullen, J. (2009), “Religious Groups and Work Values: A focus on Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism and Islam,” International Journal of Cross Cultural Management, 9(1): 51-67.
- Paik, Y. & Parboteeah, K. P., & Shim, W. (2007), “The Relationship between Perceived Reward, Organizational Commitment, and Job Satisfaction: The Case of Korean Companies in Mexico,” International Journal of Human Resource Management, 18 (10): 1768 - 1781.