Robert Winsor, Ph.D.
Office: Hilton 229C
Areas of Expertise
- Competitive Strategy
- Business History
Robert D. Winsor is Professor of Marketing at Loyola Marymount University. He earned a Ph.D. in Marketing and Management from the University of Southern California. Dr. Winsor has published over 120 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters on a wide variety of business topics including Pricing, Competitive Strategy, Business Ethics, Franchising and Marketing Theory. His research has been published in the top marketing and entrepreneurship journals, and has been frequently cited in both academic and industry outlets. Dr. Winsor has experience in the retail and wholesale industries, and has advised a number of both large and small companies on marketing and management topics. He has received multiple teaching awards including Loyola Marymount University’s President’s Fritz B. Burns Teaching Award, and in 2012 was named by the Princeton Review as one of the “Best 300 Professors” and one of the top three marketing professors in the country.
- PhD: USC (1989)
- BA: Claremont McKenna College (1983)
- BA: University of La Verne (1982)
- Winsor, Robert D., Chris Manolis, Patrick Kaufmann, and Vishal Kashyap, “Manifest Conflict and Conflict Aftermath in Franchise Systems: A Ten-Year Examination,” Journal of Small Business Management (accepted for publication).
- Kaltcheva, Vilitchka D., Robert D. Winsor, and A. Parasuraman, “Do Customer Relationships Mitigate or Amplify Failure Responses?” Journal of Business Research (accepted for publication).
- Kaltcheva, Vilitchka D., Robert D. Winsor, Anthony P. Patino, and Stuart Shapiro, “The Impact of Sales Promotions on Customer Price Comparisons,” Journal of Business Research (accepted for publication).
- Davies, Mark, Walfried Lassar, Chris Manolis, Melvin Prince, and Robert D. Winsor (2011), “A Model of Trust and Compliance in Franchise Relationships,” Journal of Business Venturing, Volume 26, Issue 3, pp. 321-340.
- Uslay, Can, Z. Ayca Altintig, and Robert D. Winsor (2010), “An Empirical Examination of The Rule of Three: Strategy Implications for Top Management, Marketers, and Investors,” Journal of Marketing, Volume 74 (March), pp. 20-39. (Runner-Up Finalist for the 2010 MSI/H. Paul Root Award for the Best Article in the Journal of Marketing, and Runner-Up Finalist for the 2010 Maynard Award for the Best Article in the Journal of Marketing).
- Kaltcheva, Vilitchka D., Robert D. Winsor, and A. Parasuraman (2010), “The Impact of Customers’ Relational Models on Price-Based Defection,” Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Volume 18, Number 1 (Winter), pp. 5-22. (Winner of the Best Paper Award, 2010, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice).
- Leach, Mark, Annie Liu, and Robert D. Winsor (2008), “The Impacts of Attitudes, Word-of-Mouth, and Value Congruence on Conference Participation: A Comparison of Attending and Non-Attending Organizational Members,” Journal of Hospitality & Leisure Marketing, Volume 16, Number 3, pp. 246-269.