Linda Leon, Ph.D.
Office: Hilton 209
Areas of Expertise
- Assessing effectiveness of internal controls over spreadsheets for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Spreadsheet Operation Research Modeling Techniques
- Supply Chain Management
- Financial Modeling
Linda Leon is an associate professor in the Department of Finance & Computer Information Systems at LMU's College of Business Administration. She teaches a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses on financial modeling, operations analysis and business statistics. Linda also serves as chair and director of the CBA Assurance of Learning Committee. Before Linda joined the LMU faculty in 1988, she was a teaching and research assistant at UCLA's Anderson Graduate School of Management.
Linda received her Ph.D. in management science and a B.A. in business economics from UCLA. Her research interests include use and evaluation of technology to improve teaching, assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over spreadsheets for complying with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, best practices for OR/MS spreadsheet modeling, and supply chain management. She has been published in numerous academic journals such as INFORMS Transactions on Education, OR Insight, Interfaces, and the Journal of Financial Education, along with articles for various encyclopedias and conference proceedings.
- PhD: UCLA (1988)
- BA: UCLA (1982)
- Leon, L., Kalbers, L., Coster, N. and Abraham, D. (2012) "A Spreadsheet Life Cycle Analysis and the Impact of Sarbanes-Oxley," Decision Support Systems: Vol. 54, pp. 452-460.
- Leon, L., Abraham, D. and Kalbers, L. (2010) "Beyond Regulatory Compliance for Spreadsheet Controls: A Tutorial to Assist Practitioners and a Call for Research," Communications of the Association for Information Systems: Vol. 27, Article 28.
- Seal, K.C., Przasnyski, Z. and Leon, L. (2010) “How Levels of Interactivity in Tutorials Affect Student Learning of Modeling Transportation Problems in a Spreadsheet”, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol.8(1), pp. 75-94.
- Leon, L. and Przasnyski, Z. (2007) “Spreadsheet Programs,” Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Leon, L., Seal, K.C. and Przasnyski, Z.H. (2006) “Captivate Your Students’ Minds: Developing Interactive Tutorials to Support the Teaching of Spreadsheet Modeling Skills,” INFORMS Transactions on Education, Vol. 7, No 1.
- Leon, L., and Tai, L. (2004) “Implementing Cooperative Learning in a Team-Teaching Environment,” Journal of Education for Business, Vol.79, No.5. pp.287-293.