A Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance provides students with 1) the necessary skills to perform rigorous financial analysis; 2) an adequate understanding of financial markets, institutions and current issues, in order 3) to contribute more to firms in their chosen specialty within finance upon graduation from LMU. Students will develop analytical skills in the application of theory and tools essential to financial planning, investments, financial markets, institutions and corporate planning while acquiring the vocabulary and critical financial perspectives needed to enhance their careers and personal financial goals.
Learning outcomes for finance majors include:
- Graduates will understand how to assess a firm's financial performance
- Graduates will know how to value a stream of cash flows
- Graduates will understand the relationship between risk and return and the benefits of diversification
- Graduates will be able to make sound investment decisions
- Graduates will understand the determinants and importance of a firm's capital structure
- Graduates will understand how financial managers deal with international risk
- Graduates will understand important considerations in working capital management
Click here to learn more about the finance major at LMU.